Sunday, March 2, 2008

when is it enough...because we stopped laughing a while ago

Leviticus 19:28 28 " 'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.


So as many of you I got my nose pierced a week ago.

Just have that in the back of your head, because this story actually beggins the Friday before my birthday with my, "friends," at chuckie cheese.

We are sitting down waiting for our pizza, and I tell my friends I have convinced my mom to let me get my nose pierced. The first thing out of my friends mouth is that is REDICULOUS...none of us would date a girl with a nose right. My reply was that it was fortunate that I did not want to date any of them.

Okay one joke, not a big deal whatever.

It continued until i got it done, and now thats all they talk about.
It was funny at first.
Now the only ones laughing are them.

But this is not the only thing that gets run into the ground with this group. Like the time they threw cds out of the car window, or the time they took all of our purses, or the time they took my camera card for a week...it really does continue, I am just choosing not to make this a rant now.

What now? We have tried telling them that it is not funny anymore, but they dont get it, and they dont care.

We don't feel like our friendship is valued, and we don't feel like we matter. We have said this before as well, but one of the girls is very much a golden retreaver. She just laughs and deals with it, and she is tired of it...When she is over something you know it has gone to far. But what do we do?

This is where it gets most frustrating.
The "christian card."

I feel like alot of what is done for show.

Christians don't judge, Christians love everyone...especially their friends. And this is how we treat each other what do we do to new people. How inclusive are we really?

This summer when I moved to my dads, they said they wernt going to support it, so they would not come visit me. Even when they did not have to drive, my best friend came down every Thursday and hung out with me at work, and she would stay the night at our house. She was amazing. But friends dont tell friends that Jesus said it was a sin to leave your mom. Friends don't shun each other because they dont agree on something. They support, but disagree, it can be done. I support the troops, but I STRONGLY disagree with why they are there.

It was intresting one of these friends who are fed up were talking about it, and she said I feel so weird saying this, but in this situation I feel like when God is involved it doesnt work.

That was why I called it a christian card. Because in my personal expeirance, everything that has God at the core works, and if this group of friends claim to have God at the core why is it the way that it is? My friendship with Kristin, God is our center. She told me she did not agree with me moving to my dads this summer, and she felt like it was a bad idea, but she still saw me. She still loved me, she still supported me.

So where is God in all of this, if one half of the group is thriving, and outreaching, and growing, why is the other not?

The bigger question is how do we fix it? Do we confront them yet again? Do we keep letting it go? Do we stand up? Do we try to talk about it again, and then when nothing changes and its this way still do we finally walk away?

When is enough enough.

Why can't we all just get along.
I feel like I am trying to teach 1st graders how to share and get along.
But the scary part is all of us are going into the real world next year.

No comments: